It's Smod, It's back, and we want it that way.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» [RELEASE - Tactical Pack (MP5SD, M4A1, AK-47)
Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:50 pm by lonewolf6678

» my reqest for smod t
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:30 am by gggg200911

» Application for joining the team
Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:16 pm by Pepsifan04

» requessting 2 old guns
Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:45 am by gggg200911

» SMOD-Tactical Classic Pack
Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:39 pm by p0w3rs

» GUNS, MORE GUNS!
Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:48 pm by p0w3rs

» [RELEASE - M3 Shotgun]
Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 pm by Nero1187

» Tactical and camo sleeves for hl2 gloves
Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:57 am by Nero1187

» New background (3 mins)
Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:42 pm by MaxTheSmodFan

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Smod-tactical on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Smod-tactical on your social bookmarking website
Statistics
We have 91 registered users
The newest registered user is pieileann

Our users have posted a total of 107 messages in 42 subjects
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Trance Radio

Share | 

This does not vote well.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
H3XiST
Admin

PostSubject: This does not vote well.   Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:09 am

SMod it self has been hit hard, and now "the dream" has been hit. While going about my way looking at the leak of V1 I found the readme.doc, and what I found did not leave a good taste in my mouth.

This is right out of section 7, the FAQ.

Q: Can you add Multiplayer/Episodic support? Why have you not added Prone/Bullet Ballistics/Free-Aim Ironsights/Other realism features yet?

A: We do not have the Source Code. And as such features were not implemented into the original SMOD, we cannot add them. SMOD: Tactical and other fan-made sub-mods are only possible due to SMOD's robust customization capabilities. We will not add multiplayer support, support for the Half-Life 2 Episodes or new realism features as support for such new features in SMOD are buggy at best, and at worst impossible. Please do not ask us to hand over SMOD's Source Code to you, we cannot comply.

Why is there always something making me feel as if doing this is a bad idea. I have no choice now, I MUST DO IT!! The more I'm told that it can't be done, the more I want to do it. I go tell it can be done, or it is 100% clear to me as a cloudless day, that it can not be done. Then I do it again. Does this make me crazy? Insane? Possible, but I like my self that way.

If you wish to read the DOC for your self (and download the V1) the use the link below.

NOTE, THIS IS BEFORE FIX. IT WILL NOT WORK AS THEY HOPED. TESTING IS ORDER TO HAVE IT FULLY WORKING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

http://www26.megaupload.com/files/1e662782654d34c9a4424d57c68dbb06/smodtactical_version1_b

you know what I know now, let see how wrong it is.
Back to top Go down
Skepsis!

PostSubject: Re: This does not vote well.   Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:19 am

So, what is it exactly that you're trying to do here? Add multiplayer and such to SMOD?

I'd advise you to stay away from that and take a different path of adapting to SMOD itself and working with it rather than trying to branch off of what it is. Without C++ code a lot of things cannot be done in a respectable way. Just the way it works I'm afraid.

Dreamers are idlers - plain and simple. Just start with what's already there and build something! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
H3XiST
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This does not vote well.   Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:00 am

Skepsis! wrote:
So, what is it exactly that you're trying to do here? Add multiplayer and such to SMOD?

I'd advise you to stay away from that and take a different path of adapting to SMOD itself and working with it rather than trying to branch off of what it is. Without C++ code a lot of things cannot be done in a respectable way. Just the way it works I'm afraid.

Dreamers are idlers - plain and simple. Just start with what's already there and build something! Very Happy

No, I'm not adding multiplayer to Smod. People have already tried that and failed. If you read the full thing it says multi/Episodic. My Goal is to make a SMod:T version of ep1. And from what people have said, it's really buggy at best.

So what I'm trying to do is fix smod so it is stable(er) so it can run EP1. but it's a pain in the butt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This does not vote well.   

Back to top Go down

This does not vote well.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1